How to get your iOS (iPhone, iPad) device ready for service
To protect your information and save time, follow these steps before you get service for your device. If your device won't turn on or respond, finish as many steps as possible:
- Back up your iOS device. (If possible)
- Have your Apple ID password ready. For some repairs, you'll need your Apple ID password to erase your device and turn off Find My iPhone.
- Bring your sales receipt (if possible), in case your service requires proof of purchase.
- Bring your device and any accessories that you need help with.
- Bring a form of personal identification, like a driver’s license, passport, or other government-issued ID.
Remove your device from Find My iPhone
Befor you bring your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch for repair please turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock by following these instructions:
- Sign in to iCloud.com with their Apple ID.
- Go to Find My iPhone.
- Click All Devices at the top of the screen.
- Select the device that you want to remove from iCloud.
- If necessary, click Erase [device].
- Click Remove from Account.